When I lived in Utah, I frequently visited The Pizza Factory so I could devour their delicious twisted breadsticks. There's something so appealing about eating a breadstick that's act...
When I lived in Utah, I frequently visited The Pizza Factory so I could devour their delicious twisted breadsticks. There's something so appealing about eating a breadstick that's actually wrapped around a stick! Using Rhode's Dinner Rolls, I decided to make my own version of these delicious breadsticks. Following these simple directions, you'll enjoy these tasty twisted breadsticks in a matter of minutes.
I received compensation in exchange for this post. Regardless, all opinions are my own.
Pizza Factory Twisted Breadsticks
Rhodes Dinner Rolls (use 2 for each breadstick)
1/4 cup melted butter (for 3 breadsticks)
Wooden Dowels (you can also use skewers)
1. Thaw desired amount of Rhodes Dinner Rolls. You'll need 2 rolls for each breadstick. Because I made 3 breadsticks, I used 6 Rhodes Dinner Rolls.
2. After dough is thawed, combine 2 Rhodes Rolls into a "snake" like shape. Do this for each breadstick.
3. Wrap the dough around the dowel. Make sure to leave a little space on both ends of the dowel. To help secure the dough, wet the dowel where the dough starts and stops.
4. Place the skewers horizontally on a cookie sh eet. Let the dough rise until it has doubled in size. (Make sure to cover dough so it doesn't dry out)
5. Melt your butter and brush over breadsticks. Save a little butter for after the breadsticks come out of the oven.
6. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes (until breadsticks are golden brown).
7. After breadsticks come out of the oven, brush with butter. Top with your favorite seasonings. For my garlic breadsticks, I used Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and garlic salt. For dessert breadsticks, I covered in cinnamon sugar.
Using Rhodes Dinner Rolls adds such a fresh and "homemade" taste to the breadsticks. After tasting these delicious Pizza Factory Twisted Breadsticks, you'll never make breadsticks any other way. By far the yummiest breadsticks I've ever made; they were all gone before dinner even started! Enjoy.
Pizza Factory Twisted Breadsticks
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Author: Meagan - A Mom's Take
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- · Wooden Dowels
- · Rhodes Dinner Rolls (2 per breadstick)
- · Melted Butter
- · Parmesan Cheese
- · Garlic Powder (or any desired seasoning)
- · Cinnamon Sugar
1. Thaw Rhodes Dinner Rolls.
2. Combine 2 rolls together for each breadstick.
3. Roll dough out in a snake like shape.
4. Wrap dough around wooden dowel or skewer.
5. Leave space on both ends of the dowel.
6. Let dough rise until it has doubled in size. (Place horizontally on a cookie sheet so dough isn't touching the bottom of the pan)
7. Melt butter and brush it on rolls (leaving some butter for after rolls come out of the oven).
8. Bake breadsticks at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
9. After breadsticks come out of the oven, brush with fresh butter and cover with desired seasonings.
How do you integrate Rhodes Dinner Rolls into your recipes?
Twisted BreadsticksServings: 12 | Skills: Beginning | Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time) | Bake Time: 15 min
These are wonderful to eat and fancy to look at.Twisted Breadsticks
12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Roll each roll into a 12-inch rope. Fold in half and twist together. Roll in butter and then in cheese. Place on sprayed baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size. Remove wrap and bake at 350° F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.