"Are you looking for something special to give teachers that help mold your little ones? Or, perhaps, the neighbor that looks after your cat while you are away? Then look no more, I h...
Are you looking for something special to give teachers that help mold your little ones? Or, perhaps, the neighbor that looks after your cat while you are away? Then look no more, I have the perfect home baked gift for you to show your gratitude, Mini Christmas Bread Loaves! Rhodes Dinner Rolls, make it easy to make mini loaves, baking one or 6 from one bag!
Mini loaves are so versatile, you can add more fruit, less nuts or change the ingredients to suit each person you are gifting them to.
ingredients for one loaf
6 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed
1/4 cup candied red cherries, minced
1 Tablespoon candied citron, minced
or 1/8 cup each; candied red and green cherries, minced
1/4 cup almond slivers
1 Tablespoon margarine, soft
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk
1/2 teaspoon rum, vanilla or almond extract
1. Thaw Rhodes Dinner Rolls.
2. Roll or pat rolls into a rectangle.
3. Spread margarine over rolls to within 1/2 inch from sides.
4. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
5. Sprinkle candied red cherries and citron (or green cherries) and almonds over sugar and cinnamon.
6. Roll up tightly, starting with shortest side.
7. Place in greased 6 x 3 1/2 pan.
8. Let rest until double in size.
9. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Cool on rack.
11. Mix drizzle ingredients together.
12. Drizzle over cool bread.
13. Wrap nicely and add one of these awesome gift tags!
You can find additional home baked gift ideas, and download free personal tags and bread wraps, at Rhodes!
I love hosting Rhodes' fantastic and fun giveaways and this is one of my favorites! Please stop by Recipes For My Boys to enter! Giveaway runs December 11 thru December 17, 2014...open to US and Canada only. Winner will have 24 hours to reply to email. Best of luck!
Prize package includes:
One lovely Rhodes apron
One coordinating Kitchen Towel
One large cutting board
One Rhodes oven mitt (I love mine!)
One Rhodes Baked Family Favorites with Frozen Dough Cookbook (great one!!)
One mini pastry roller (I used in the recipe)
Coupons for free package of Rhodes Frozen Bread (great for Gift Giving!!!)
Printed gift tags!!! (lucky you!)