The flavors of blueberries and cream cheese combine to make this delectable recipe perfect for dessert or breakfast.+ Add to Recipe Box Print8
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 30 min
- 10 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Cut rolls in half and place cut side down in a sprayed 9-inch round baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap, brush rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Combine softened cream cheese, egg, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice and spread over rolls.
- Combine brown sugar, remaining white sugar and lemon zest and sprinkle over cream cheese mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap again and let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap, place pan on a baking sheet to catch drips and bake at 350°F 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil to prevent over browning and bake an additional 7-9 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over rolls.