A perfect fall recipe that uses delicious fresh apples.+ Add to Recipe Box Print8
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 30 min
- 6 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 apple, washed, cored and sliced into 8 slices
- 6 ounces lemon lime soda
- cinnamon to sprinkle
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine rolls and roll into a 12-inch circle.
- Cut circle into 8 equal wedges.
- Place an apple slice onto the wide end of each wedge.
- Roll the dough around the apple slice.
- Place the wrapped apple slices in a sprayed 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let rise 30-40 minutes.
- Melt butter, stir in vanilla and both sugars.
- Pour over risen dumplings.
- Pour soda over dumplings and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350°F 20-30 minutes.
- Spoon syrup from pan over the dumplings to serve.