This is a delicious breakfast recipe on a cold winter morning.+ Add to Recipe Box Print12
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 50 min
- 12 Rhodes Warm-N-Serv™ Dinner Rolls or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, baked according to package directions
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- powdered sugar
- nuts, if desired
- Cut rolls into 1-inch cubes and place in a sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until smooth after each one.
- Stir in milk, half and half, 1/2 cup syrup, almond flavoring and nuts if desired.
- Pour the mixture over the bread cubes making sure all are saturated.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350°F 40-50 minutes.
- Cover with foil last 15 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.