These fun Heart Shaped Calzones are the perfect dinner for that special someone in your life.+ Add to Recipe Box Print
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20 min
- 2 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- desired fillings such as:
- shredded cheese
- cubed ham or turkey
- bacon pieces
- pineapple pieces
- chopped green pepper
- chopped olives
- pizza sauce for dipping
- On a countertop lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray, press two dinner rolls into tear drop shapes.
- Cut 1 inch down into the middle of the wide part to form the deep cut in the heart.
- Barely turn under the pointed edges of your cut then press with fingers to form two hearts that are the same size, about 5x4 inches.
- Moisten the edge of one of the hearts with water to help it seal.
- Put filling on the heart with the moistened edge, about 1 or 2 tablespoons of each of 3 or 4 fillings.
- Carefully pick up the second heart and put over the fillings on the first heart making sure the side of the dough that was on the sprayed countertop is facing up.
- Press the edges firmly with fingertips to seal all the way around.
- Carefully lift filled heart and place on sprayed baking sheet.
- Finish shaping heart to desired size and shape.
- Press edges again to make sure they are sealed.
- Bake at 350º 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.