This is a fun recipe for the Holiday Season. Delicious pumpkin flavor with a fabulous rum glaze.+ Add to Recipe Box Print8
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 40 min
- 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, thawed but still cold
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, browned
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Rum Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- If using loaf, slice into 16 thin pieces.
- If using rolls, cut each roll in half and flatten into a 3x3-inch oval.
- Combine browned butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Spread about a teaspoon of pumpkin onto both sides of each dough piece and then dip both sides into the sugar mixture.
- Line them up in a sprayed 9x5-inch loaf pan, each piece on its edge, to make a loaf shape.
- Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over the top of the slices.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 35-40 minutes.
- Cover with foil last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- While baking, combine the butter, brown sugar and milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar and flavoring.
- Drizzle over slices after baked.