Fresh lemons make these pull aparts a flavorful dessert everyone will love.+ Add to Recipe Box Print12
Prep Time: 30-45 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 50 min
- 24 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 cup sugar
- zest from 2 large lemons
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut 8 of the rolls into 4 equal pieces each and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and lemon zest.
- Dip each piece of dough in melted butter and then in sugar zest mixture.
- Place in the bottom of a well sprayed bundt pan.
- Combine filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour half of the filling mixture over the rolls in the bundt pan.
- Repeat above process with 8 more rolls.
- Cut last 8 rolls and dip in butter and sugar zest mixture.
- Layer on top.
- If you have any sugar zest mixture left, sprinkle on top of rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until about one inch below the top of the bundt pan.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 40-50 minutes.
- Cover with foil last 20 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- Remove from oven and invert immediately onto serving platter.
- While bundt is baking, prepare the topping.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg until well blended.
- While stirring the egg, slowly add the hot lemon mixture to the egg so the egg does not cook.
- Pour the mixture back into the sauce pan and bring back to a boil.
- Stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Let cool and drizzle over warm bundt.