"Tired of winter? Bring a taste of the tropics to your family tonight with this yummy dessert."+ Add to Recipe Box Print12
Prep Time: 20-30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20 min
- 18 Rhodes™ White Dinner Rolls, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded, coconut
- 2 limes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- juice from one lime
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Cut each roll in half.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, coconut and zest from the limes.
- Dip each roll half into the melted butter and then in the coconut mixture.
- Place 3 coated roll halves in each cup of a sprayed muffin tin.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rise until rolls are one and a half times their original size.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Mix the powdered sugar with the juice from one lime.
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds, or until the cream cheese is warm (not hot), soft and can be stirred smooth.
- Add the cream cheese to the lime glaze and beat until smooth and shiny.
- If needed add a few drops of water or a few teaspoons of powdered sugar to achieve a consistency like honey.
- Spread icing liberally over cooled blossoms.