This will be your, "Oh-so-good, can’t wait to eat it" recipe.+ Add to Recipe Box Print12
Prep Time: 30-45 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 60 min
- 18 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 3 15 ounce cartons ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh, minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh, minced basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh, minced garlic
Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine rolls and add parsley flakes, dried basil, dried rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Knead seasonings into dough until equally distributed.
Divide dough into two pieces. The larger piece should be slightly less than two thirds of the dough.
Roll the larger piece into an 18x15-inch rectangle and the smaller piece into a 9x13-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
Brown the sausage and drain. Combine the sausage with all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Remove wrap from dough and place larger rectangle in a sprayed 9x13-inch pan, lining the sides and coming over the edge like a crust.
Fill the crust evenly with the sausage mixture. Lay the smaller rectangle on top of the filling. Wet the edges of the dough and press them together to seal.
Turn the dough edges under toward the inside of the pan to make a slight ridge along the edge. Cut several vents on top.
Bake at 350°F 55-60 minutes. Cover with foil after 30 minutes to prevent over browning. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.