Keep everyone in your family happy, with our delicious Family Size Italian Club Calzone.+ Add to Recipe Box Print8-10
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20-25 min
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 of a 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 pound deli turkey breast
- 1/4 pound deli ham
- 10 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine rolls together and roll into a 10x16-inch rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Combine 1 tablespoon salad dressing mix with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
- Add onions to skillet and saute until onions are translucent.
- Drain onions on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat another 1/2 tablespoon oil in the same skillet and add mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute until mushrooms are fully cooked.
- Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Slice artichoke hearts and drain on paper towel.
- Remove plastic wrap from dough and brush with salad dressing and oil mixture avoiding the edges of the dough.
- If the ham and turkey are moist, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Layer half of the lengthwise dough with turkey, ham, bacon, onions, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, cheese and basil.
- Wet the edge of the dough with the fillings on it.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the filled half and pinch the edges to seal.
- Cut some vent holes on the top and brush with the remaining olive oil.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F 20-25 minutes.