Fall and apples go together. Indulge in this wonderful fall treat, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.+ Add to Recipe Box Print8
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 25 min
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine 4 1/2, 4 1/2, and 3 rolls into 3 separate balls.
- Flatten each ball into a 10-inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, pecans, apple and softened butter.
- Place one of the larger dough circles in the bottom of a 9-10 inch sprayed round pan.
- Spread half of the filling on the dough leaving a 1/2- inch border around the outside of the circle.
- Lay the smallest dough circle on top of the filling.
- spread the rest of the filling on top of that piece of dough and cover with last piece of dough.
- Press around the edge to seal the dough together.
- Combine the remaining cinnamon and sugar together.
- Brush top of tart with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut a few vents in the top crust.
- Bake at 375°F 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.