These incredibly tasty empanadas using traditional Mexican flavors are perfect for your Cinco de Mayo celebration. Add the queso dip and this meal is sure to please!+ Add to Recipe Box Print12
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20 min
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Queso Dip:
- 1 pound Mexican Velveeta
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- Flatten each roll into a 6 to 7-inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest while making filling.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Remove plastic wrap from rolls.
- Place about 1/4 cup filling onto each circle being careful not to let it touch the edges.
- Wet the edges of each circle with water.
- Fold dough in half over filling and press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Queso Dip:Cut cheese into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave one minute at a time until melted.
- Add tomatoes and green chiles and stir until well combined.