The freshest bagels you've ever tasted! With Rhodes dough, it couldn't be easier.+ Add to Recipe Box Print8
Prep Time: 20 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20 min
- 16 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- grated cheese, seeds or spices
- Combine 2 rolls together into a nice round ball.
- Put both pointer fingers through center of the ball and stretch to form a large hole.
- Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Place bagels on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 30-45 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 inches of water with baking soda to a boil.
- Slip bagels, one or two at a time into gently boiling water.
- Boil for 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on cooling rack for a few seconds.
- Return to sprayed baking sheet and sprinkle with cheese or seeds if desired.
- Bake at 375°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.