Make this Baked Egg Nog French Toast recipe on Christmas Eve and refrigerate; then, it’s ready to bake on Christmas morning! (Now that’s using the ol’ “noggin”!)+ Add to Recipe Box Print6
Prep Time: 10 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 40-45 min
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Frozen Bread Dough, baked according to package instructions and sliced into 12 slices
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups egg nog
- In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sugar until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over 6 slices of bread.
- Place these 6 slices in a sprayed 9x13-inch baking dish cream cheese side up.
- Top with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and egg nog and whisk until well blended.
- Pour evenly over bread slices.
- Gently press bread slices down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Uncover dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350°F 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm with Cranberry Orange Syrup.
- Cranberry Orange Syrup:16 ounces jellied cranberry sauce1/4 cup sugar1/2 cup orange juiceCombine ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is melted and mixture comes to a boil.