Brew a cauldron of stew, soup, or chilli, served in a golden pumpkin bowl complete with a stemmed jack-o-lantern lid.+ Add to Recipe Box Print6
Prep Time: 10 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20-30 min
- 1 loaf Rhodes™ Wheat or White Bread dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut off a small piece of dough to use for a stem and set aside.
- Shape remaining dough into a round ball.
- With a knife, cut the ball from top to bottom (1/2 inch deep) 6 times to imitate pumpkin sections.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke a deep hole into the top of the bowl down to the base.
- Shape the cut off piece into a cone and insert the small end into the hole.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet and brush with egg.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool, then cut off the top.
- Hollow out the pumpkin and fill with your favorite stew, dip, chili or soup.
- For 2 smaller pumpkin bowls, cut loaf in half widthwise and follow instructions above.