The meat and seasonings are baked right inside these dinner rolls, creating a hidden surprise for any table.+ Add to Recipe Box Print6
Prep Time: 10 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20 min
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame seeds, if desired
- Combine ground beef with onion, salt, pepper, chili powder and soy sauce.
- Mix well and shape into six 3-inch patties.
- Fry in skillet, turning once, until cooked.
- Cool on plate covered with paper towel.
- Combine 2 rolls and flatten into an 8-inch circle.
- Place meat pattie in the center of each dough circle.
- Pull dough up around patty to completely enclose.
- Pinch together to seal.
- Place seam side down on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with seeds, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with catsup or chili sauce.