Fill these rolls with this cabbage, ground beef and onion filling and you will revel in a delicious memory of Europe even if you have never been there.+ Add to Recipe Box Print12
Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 30-35 min
- 12 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, or 24 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 4 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Saute cabbage and onion in oil.
- Cover and steam for 30 minutes.
- Brown ground beef in a large pan, and drain well.
- Add cabbage, onion, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Flatten each Texas™ roll, or 2 dinner rolls into a 6-inch circle.
- Divide filling among 12 circles (about 1/3 cup).
- Place 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese on top of filling.
- Pull edges around filling and pinch to close.
- Place on a large sprayed baking sheet, pinched side down.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes.