This Santa will make a fun activity and be wholesomely good to eat too.+ Add to Recipe Box Print
Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20-25 min
- 12 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Knead together 8 soft rolls.
- Roll out into a tall 18-inch triangle and place on large sprayed cookie sheet.
- Fold top over.
- Roll out another roll into a 2x8-inch rectangle and lay across upper triangle overlapping edges for brim.
- Place a roll on point of cap.
- Using scissors, cut another roll in half and place on face for checks.
- With remaining roll, cut a small amount off, form into a ball and place on face for nose.
- Shape the rest of the roll into an 8-inch rope, cut in half and place on face for mustache.
- With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut beard into strips and stretch out and arrange at different angles.
- If desired, with another roll or two, add additional strips.
- Cut out two eyes and a mouth.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Allow to rise 30-40 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reinforce eyes and mouth 15 minutes into the baking cycle and at the end.