This crabby plate addition will bring smiles to any age.+ Add to Recipe Box Print
Prep Time: 8 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20 min
- 5 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the body, join 2 rolls together and press into a flat football shape.
- Place body on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- With the next roll, cut enough dough off to form 2 small eyes.
- Roll each piece into a round ball and place on front of body.
- To secure eyes, stick a small piece of toothpick in each ball and then stick it into the body.
- Cut the rest of the roll in half to form 2 arms.
- Place each arm to the side of the eyes but before the ends of the body.
- Cut another roll in half to form 2 claws.
- Cut each claw off-center almost in half and place at the end of each arm, putting the small part of the claw closest to the body.
- Roll the last roll into a 12-inch rope.
- Divide rope into 6 equal lengths for the legs.
- Arrange 2 legs curving forward and 1 leg curving back on each side.
- Tuck legs slightly under the body.
- Brush crab with beaten egg and let rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F 20 minutes.