A clever way to serve an ordinary sandwich+ Add to Recipe Box Print
Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 25-30 min
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- aluminum foil
- Cut a 2-inch piece off the end of a loaf of dough and set aside.
- Stretch and roll the rest of the loaf to about 17-inches, forming a narrow tail and leaving a broad head.
- Pull this end into a long, flattened mouth.
- In the middle of the gator, cut two 3-inch lines horizontal to the body.
- Cut in the middle of each line and pull each stump out to form legs.
- Now place the gator body on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- With a small knife, slice the mouth open about 4-inches.
- To keep it open, slide in a folded piece of aluminum foil.
- Roll up additional foil into log shapes and insert between folded foil.
- Form an upturned ridge at the end of the nose.
- Divide remaining dough into 6 sections.
- Roll 2 sections into oval teardrops for eyes.
- Poke 2 holes very close together in top of gator head and drop eyes into the holes.
- For the feet, press 4 sections into triangles and cut toes.
- Place feet under legs.
- With sharp scissors, clip jaw, back and sides of gator.
- Brush well with egg.
- Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes.
- After 10 minutes open oven and gently press eyes together.
- Remove foil after gator has cooled completely.