Cheesecake lovers can really sink their teeth into this one!+ Add to Recipe Box Print8
Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 35-40 min
- 2 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Knead the rolls together.
- Make crust by rolling out on a floured surface into a 12 inch circle.
- Dough will not roll thin unless completely thawed and warm to the touch.
- Spray 9 inch quiche dish and place rolled out dough in dish.
- Trim away any dough overlapping the dish.
- Spread dough with butter and poke all surfaces with a fork.
- Prebake in 350F oven for 3 1/2 minutes.
- FILLING: Blend 2 cups ricotta cheese, lemon juice and lemon peel until smooth.
- Add eggs, sugar, and cornstarch; blend.
- Pour onto crust in quiche dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until cheesecake is firm.
- Cool and serve with lightly sugared fresh fruits.
- This can be used for brunch, or add a little whipping cream and serve as a dessert.
- To lighten up this recipe, use 6 egg whites or egg substitute, lite ricotta cheese, and omit the butter brushed on the crust.