Kick-Off your Game Day party with this adorable Football Hero Sandwich recipe!+ Add to Recipe Box Print3
Prep Time: 10 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20 min
- 6 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten
- mayonnaise, if desired
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 slices deli ham
- 3 slices cheese
- Cut 1/2 off of one roll and roll it into a 10-inch rope.
- Cut the rope into 4 segments for the laces.
- Set aside.
- Press remaining 5 1/2 rolls into a football shape leaving the top mounded and edges thinner.
- Pull the ends to exaggerate the points.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- With a knife, make a slight cut across the top of the football not quite reaching the points.
- Lay each lace across the cut.
- Using a toothpick or knife, push the ends of the laces down into the football securing them tightly.
- Brush with egg and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and then slice.
- Spread with mayonnaise, if desired and stuff with lettuce, deli meat and cheese.