Your family won't be able to bear eating these fun creations but they are so delicious that they also won't be able to resist.+ Add to Recipe Box Print4
Prep Time: 12 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20-30 min
- 24 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sloppy Joe Beans:
- 2 pounds hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 16 ounce can baked beans, drained
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Each bear uses 4 rolls.
- Combine 2 1/2 rolls to form the head.
- Press them into a rounded triangle shape and place on sprayed baking sheet.
- Cut the leftover half roll in half to make the ears.
- Form them into round shapes and slightly flatten one side.
- Place the flat side slightly under the head.
- Press a hollow into each ear.
- For the muzzle, cut the last roll in half.
- Flatten one half into an oval and place on lower face.
- Divide the last half into two eyes and a nose and form them into teardrop shapes.
- Make indentations with finger and place the pointed ends of the teardrops into the indentations.
- Repeat to make six bear buns.
- Brush bear with beaten egg and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Just before baking repress ear depressions.
- Bake at 350°F 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and fill with Sloppy Joe Beans.