Todays recipe is Pepperoni Bread. It has the delicious taste of pepperoni but it doesn't taste like a pizza. It's great with a salad for lunch or dinner. But we like it as a gameday snack. It's great by itself but for those who do like the pizza flavor, heat a little pizza sauce and dip away. If you like your food extra cheesy, you can easily double the cheese in this recipe too. Let's get started...
You will need:
- 1 loaf Rhodes Bread dough, thawed to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning (or you can use 1/4 tsp oregano & 1/2 tsp parsley flakes)
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Spray counter or surface with non-stick cooking spray. Roll dough out to a 12 X 18 inch rectangle.
In a small bowl, combine melted butter with seasonings. Brush mixture on to dough, reserving a small amount to brush to top later.
Arrange pepperoni on top of dough and butter/seasoning mixture.
Sprinkle grated cheese on top of pepperoni.
Begin rolling with the long side. Continue rolling until it is all rolled up. Tuck ends under.
Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. I prefer to use parchment paper. It won't stick and it makes cleanup so easy. Brush the top with remaining butter mixture. With a sharp knife cut several slices in the top to vent. Cover with sprayed plasstic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
Remove plastic wrap and Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
Slice and eat!
Make this Pepperoni Bread for your friends or family. They will love it!
Pepperoni Bread8 Skills: Intermediate Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time) Bake Time: 20-25 min
This recipe is made up like a cinnamon roll, except with dinner flavors instead of sweetness.
12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 1 Loaf Rhodes™ White Bread Dough, thawed to room temperature
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 ounces sliced pepperoni
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12x18-inch rectangle.
- Combine butter and seasonings.
- Brush mixture on dough, reserving a small amount to brush on top later.
- Arrange pepperoni on top of seasoning mixture, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Beginning with a long side, roll up dough jelly roll style.
- Tuck ends under and place, seam side down on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- Brush with reserved seasoning mixture.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut several vents in the top.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes.
You might also like:
Grab our badge or blinkie
Grab our badge or blinkie for your blog!