Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
One of my go-to dinner ideas is quesadillas. They are family friendly, budget friendly, and so easy to throw together. So when I came across this quesadilla recipe, of course I wanted to try it out. And then I read that you make flatbread "tortillas" from Rhodes rolls, and I was definitely intrigued!!
First up, you start with Rhodes dinner rolls, cooked chicken, salsa, sharp cheddar cheese, black beans, corn, cilantro, and some melted butter.
If you are using the regular Rhodes dinner rolls, you'll take 2 of them (thawed to room temperature) and press them together. (You only need one if you are using the Texas sized rolls.) Spray your work surface lightly with cooking spray, and roll them out to an 8-inch circle.
Place the rolled dough in a sprayed skillet, and cook until browned on both sides.
While the dough is cooking, mix together the chicken, salsa, cheese, black beans, corn and cilantro.
Once all of your bread is done, butter up one side of 8 of the flatbreads. Place the buttered side down on the grill or on a grill pan, and spread the chicken mixture evenly over the unbutterd sides.
Top with the remaining flatbreads, buttered sides up.
Grill until the flatbread is browned and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes on each side.
Cut the quesdadilla into triangles, and serve up with your favorite toppings - sour cream, more salsa, or guacamole. Enjoy!! These are some of the best quesadillas that have graced our table lately – we ate them all right up!!
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas8 Skills: Intermediate Prep Time: 45 min (not including thaw time) Bake Time: 2-4 min
Spice up your summer grilling with this fun and flavor packed recipe.
32 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 16 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed to room temperature
3 cups chopped cooked chicken, seasoned with salt & lemon pepper
2 cups prepared salsa
1 cup canned black beans, drained
1 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 cups grated sharp cheddar chese
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick spray.
- Roll two dinner rolls combined or 1 Texas roll into an 8-inch circle (dough will be thin).
- Place in a small sprayed skillet on the stove top and cook on each side 1-2 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Repeat with remaining rolls to make 16 flatbread circles.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, salsa, beans, corn and cilantro.
- Brush melted butter over one side of each flatbread.
- Sprinkle 8 flatbreads with half of the cheese.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over cheese sprinkled flatbreads.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken mixture.
- Top with remaining flatbreads, buttered side up.
- Grill at medium high heat on a sprayed grill or grill pan for about 3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and flatbread is browned.
You might also like:
Grab our badge or blinkie
Grab our badge or blinkie for your blog!