Chocolate Cherry Cream Braid
Chocolate Cherry Crème Braid30 min (not including thaw time) Bake Time: 40 min
12 Rhodes® Dinner Rolls, thawed & slightly risen.
4oz cream cheese
2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ can of cherry pie filling
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat 4oz cream cheese with 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar & 1 tsp vanilla until smooth.
- Press the rolls together & roll them into a large rectangle with a rolling pin.
- (using a silicone baking mat.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the center 1/3 of the rectangle.
- Top the cream cheese with the cherry pie filling, & then top the cherries with the chocolate chips.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut 1" tabs on both sides of the filling, as close as you can get to the filling without making a mess of your pizza cutter.
- Then grab a tab from one side, pull it out to the side to stretch it, then lift it up & over the filling all the way across.
- You want your tabs to go as far as they can across the center so they don't come untucked.
- Repeat with the rest of the tabs, alternating sides in a criss-cross motion to create a braid.
- Pinch & tuck the ends the best you can so the filling won't squeeze out.
- Let rest 10-20 minutes.
- Bake at 350˚F for 30-40 minutes or until the dough between the braids is done.
- Cover with foil the last 15 minutes.
You might also like:
Grab our badge or blinkie
Grab our badge or blinkie for your blog!