Braided Spaghetti Bread
We are carb lovers at our house, so when I saw the Braided Spaghetti Bread recipe in the Rhodes Home Baked Family Favorites with frozen dough cookbook I knew we would love it. This is a really simple recipe; it just takes a little planning for thawing the dough. It will take 2-3 hours for the bread loaf to thaw to room temperature or 1-2 hours for the rolls to thaw to room temperature.
You will need:
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 6 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
- 1 egg white
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley flakes
Braided Spaghetti Bread8 Skills: Intermediate Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time) Bake Time: 30-35 min
Scott, who works in the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv computer department, came up with this delicious recipe for his family. He loves spaghetti and bread, and it just seemed right that they should go together! It has become his wife's favorite Sunday meal.
1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
6 ounces spaghetti, cooked
1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 egg white, beaten
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12x16-inch rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Drain and let cool slightly.
- Remove wrap from dough.
- Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center of dough.
- Top with sauce and cheese cubes.
- Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling.
- Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling.
- Then braid strips left over right, right over left.
- Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on a large, sprayed baking sheet.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and slice to serve.
You might also like:
Grab our badge or blinkie
Grab our badge or blinkie for your blog!