Apple Filled Pull-Apart Loaf
It's apple season!! And what better way to celebrate than with balls of dough stuffed with apples, cinnamon and pecans, and then baked into a delicious loaf? I can't think of a better way! This recipe is like monkey bread, but I think that balls of filled dough make everything so much better!
To make the loaf, you will need Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed, but still cold, Granny Smith apples, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, powdered sugar, water, vanilla extract and almond extract.
When you have finished with each of the pieces of dough, spread the remainder of the apple mixture over the top of the balls. Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, then let rise until doubled. Meanwhile, mix together the powdered sugar, water, vanilla extract and almond extract. Preheat the oven to 350F. When the loaf has risen, bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, covering with foil the last 10 minutes to prevent over-browning. When the loaf comes out of the oven, let it cool, then drizzle with the glaze. Enjoy!
This is a delicious breakfast or snack idea, and your guests will all be surprised and impressed!!
Apple Filled Pull-Apart Loaf10-12 Skills: Intermediate Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time) Bake Time: 45-50 min
Enjoy the Fall flavors of sweet and tart with this delicious Apple-filled Pull-Apart.
16 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed
2 medium size Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
3-4 teaspoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Cut rolls in half.
- Combine apples, sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Flatten each roll half into a 2-3-inch circle.
- Place 1 teaspoon apple mixture in center of each dough circle.
- Pinch edges together to seal, forming a ball.
- Place filled balls in a sprayed 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Spoon remaining apple mixture evenly over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 45-50 minutes.
- Cover with foil last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over loaf.
You might also like:
Grab our badge or blinkie
Grab our badge or blinkie for your blog!