Chicken Stew with Rhodes Dumplings
I am so excited to be a guest blogger for Rhodes Bake-N-Serv!! If you have been around my blog for any amount of time, you know I love to cook with frozen dough, From appetizers to main dishes, desserts to breakfast, you can find me heading to the freezer to get Rhodes frozen dough to help out in the kitchen. While I love cooking and baking with freshly made dough, the convenience of homemade tasting Rhodes Bake-N-Serv just cannot be beat and is a must have at my house. For this Chicken Stew with Rhodes Dumplings, I used White Dinner Rolls, which just happens to be my go to frozen dough.
Chicken Stew With Rhodes Dumplingsmin (not including thaw time) Bake Time: 30 min
3 cups cooked chicken, cut in bite size pieces
12 cups chicken broth
1 cup onion, diced
3/4 cup celery (including leaves), diced or sliced
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 large bay leaf
1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
2 lbs. frozen vegetables, your favorite mix
10 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls, thawed and still cold
flour to roll dumplings
- Take Rhodes White Dinner Rolls out of freezer to thaw.
- Put chicken broth in a large stock pot.
- Add onion and celery, 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, 1 large bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a low boil 10 minutes.
- Chop cooked chicken (rotisserie or leftover chicken, works great).
- Sprinkle surface with flour.
- Pat, or roll, each thawed, yet chilled roll, into a thin rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into four strips.
- Cut again into 1 to 1 1/2 " pieces.
- Sprinkle pieces with flour as you cut them.
- Add frozen vegetables and chicken to stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop in dumplings a few at a time to cover surface.
- Gently stir and add remaining dumplings.
- Cook 20 to 30 minutes until dumplings are cooked through.
You might also like:
Grab our badge or blinkie
Grab our badge or blinkie for your blog!